CHO-BOND 1075 is a one component, corrosion resistant, silver plated, aluminum filled, conductive silicone sealant
CHO-BOND 1075 is a silver plated aluminum filled, one-component conductive silicone designed for use as a fillet, gap filler and seam sealant on electrical enclosures for EMI shielding or electrical grounding. Minimum recommended bond line for CHOBOND 1075 is 0.010 inches (0.25mm). In addition, CHO-BOND 1075 may be used for EMI gasket repair, bonding, and attachment in applications where moderate strength (100 psi) is required. The silver aluminum filler of CHO-BOND 1075 provides excellent galvanic corrosion resistance when applied to aluminum substrates. No volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and minimal shrinkage upon curing make CHO-BOND 1075 a good choice for a variety of commercial and military applications. CHO-BOND 1075’s moisture cure silicone polymer system allows it to cure to the touch in 24 hours and provides a robust conductive and environmental seal over a wide range of application temperatures. For best adhesion results, CHO-BOND 1075 should be used in conjunction with CHOSHIELD 1086 primer. Typical applications include man portable electronics, radar and communication systems, EMI vents, military ground vehicles, and shelters.
|Typical Properties||Typical Values||Test Method|
|Mix Ratio, A : B (by weight)||1-part||N/A|
|Consistency||Dry Medium Paste||N/A (Q)|
|Maximum DC Volume Resistivity||0.010 ohm-cm||CHO-95-40-5555*(Q/C)|
|Minimum Lap Shear Strength**||100 psi (689 kPa)||CHO-95-40-5300*(Q/C)|
|Minimum Peel Strength**||4.0 lb./inch (700 N/m)||CHO-95-40-5302* (Q/C)|
|Specific Gravity||2.0||ASTM D792 (Q/C)|
|Hardness||81 Shore A||ASTM-D2240 (Q)|
|Continuous Use Temperature||- 55 °C to 200 °C (-67 °F to 392 °F)||N/A (Q)|
|Elevated Temperature Cure Cycle||None||N/A|
|Room Temperature Cure||1 week***||N/A (Q)|
|Working Life||0.25 hour||N/A (Q)|
|Shelf Life, unopened||6 months @ 25°C (77°F)||N/A (Q)|
|Minimum thickness recommended||0.010 in (0.25 mm)||N/A|
|Maximum thickness recommended||0.125 in (3.18 mm)||N/A|
|Volatile Organic Content (VOC)||0 g/l||Calculated|
|Theoretical Coverage Area at 0.010” Thick per Pound (454 grams)||1375 in2 (8871 cm2)||N/A|
|Theoretical Coverage - Length of an 1/8” Diameter Bead per Pound (454 grams)||90 feet (27.4 m)||N/A|
Features and Benefits
- One component
- Easy to use, no weighing or mixing required.
- Silver plated aluminum filler
- Excellent conductivity 0.010 ohm-cm outstanding galvanic corrosion resistance against aluminum substrates.
- Moisture cure silicone
- 30 minute working life, rapid skin formation, 24 hr handling time, requires no pressure during curing, wide range of application temperatures. 1 week for full cure.
- No VOCs
- Minimal shrinkage.
- Moisture cure silicone
- 15 minute working life, rapid skin formation, 24 hr handling time, requires no pressure during curing, wide range of application temperatures. 1 week for full cure.
- Light weight
- More coverage per gram of material, minimal weight added to assembly or vehicle.
- Non corrosive cure mechanism
- No corrosive by-products generated during curing to damage substrate.
- Dry medium paste
- Can be used on overhead or vertical surfaces.