CHO-SHIELD 2002 is a chromate free, corrosion resistant conductive flange coating. This innovative material is well suited for composite substrates or for use in repairing CHO-SHIELD 2001
Parker Chomerics’ CHO-SHIELD 2000 Series electrically conductive coatings provide a corrosion resistant conductive surface coating on aluminum or composite substrates. By reducing moisture penetration, CHO-SHIELD 2000 Series coatings offer corrosion protection for enclosure flanges which mate with particular EMI shielding gaskets. These tough, urethane coatings offer a highly conductive interface which improves overall EMI shielding performance. When used as a coating on a composite or other non-conductive surface, they provide the conductivity necessary to achieve excellent shielding effectiveness while maintaining their electrical and mechanical stability in hostile environments. CHO-SHIELD 2000-series coatings are three part, copper-filled urethane coating systems which have been formulated with special additives and stabilizers to maintain their electrical stability, even at elevated temperatures, which prevent aluminum surfaces from corroding in high humidity and/or marine environments.
Features and Benefits
- Urethane binder provides exceptional physical properties such as hardness and adhesion.
- Excellent chemical resistance, including jet fuel (JP8), hydraulic fluids and motor oil.
- High abrasion resistance even after jet fuel immersion.
- Excellent coating hardness and scratch resistance.
- Significantly more cost effective than silver-filled epoxies.
- No degradation of shielding effectiveness after 500 hours of salt fog.
- Pre-measured kits allow easy mixing of components in one containe