CHO-SHIELD 596 is a two component, highly conductive, silver bearing, epoxy paint
CHO-SHIELD@ 596 A/B is a two component silver-bearing, highly conductive epoxy paint designed to provide EMI shielding when applied to a dielectric substrate It is also useful for coating flanges for salt spray corrosion protection when mounting an electrically conductive gasket between the surfaces. CHOSHIELD 596 A/B dries to the touch in less than 1 hour at room temperature and attains full chemical resistance alter 1 week at room temperature, Alternate cure cycles are as follows: 1 hour at 25O°F (121 °C), or 6 hours at 150°F (65°C), or 7 days at 75°F (24 °C) (Best conductivity achieved after curing at elevated temperature.)
Features and Benefits
- The instructions below should be followed in mixing and applying 596 A/B
- MIX parts A and B in the following ratio, as appropriate By volume 100 parts of A to 100 parts of B
- By weight: 100 parts of A to 37 parts of B
- Always add pan B to part A to minimize wasteNOTE: Before using 596 A/B, age the compound for at least 1 hour at room temperature after mixing
- Thin the compound as required with toluene/methyl isobutyl ketone, mixed 50/50 by volume. For use in salt spray environments, thin with MEK (methyl ethyl ketone)
- Apply the coating with an air gun, such as a Devilbiss Model EGA 502 with 66SA air nozzle and 395 fluid nozzle. The coating should be 1.0 to 2.0 mils thick and at least 30 minutes should pass between successive coats. The last coat should dry at room temperature tor at least one hour, followed by the cure cycle.
- For best resistance to salt Spray when the compound is to be applied to aluminum, treat the aluminum following MIL-C-5541 CLASS 3. Apply three coats using a single-pass coating procedure. Each coat should be 0 0007 to O 0009 in thick, and should be allowed to dry for 1 hour.