Parker Chomerics SOFT-SHIELD® 3500
Case Study for Cable Slot Pass-Through
ELECTRONICS COMPONENT MANUFACTURER REQUIRED CONDUCTIVE GROMMET FOR CABLE SLOT PASS-THROUGH
Discover how one electronics manufacturer used a Parker Chomerics electrically conductive foam gasket to achieve a conductive grommet.
An electronics component manufacturer required a conductive grommet for a rectangular slot where cables pass through and into a back panel. This solution must be functional in a high tolerance application.
- Offering superior shielding performance
- No release of harmful particles
- Lower compression force requirement than the competitor’s product
- Material offered with pressure sensitive adhesive (PSA) for peel and stick assembly
- Easily die cut to shape of area necessary
Key Customer Requirements
- Low compression allowing for easy installation
- Large compression range allowing for reliable function at a wide tolerance range
- PSA tape for peel and stick attachment
The recommended solution for this electronics component manufacturer was to use a Parker Chomerics SOFT-SHIELD® 3500 series fabric-over- foam EMI gasket.
Using a standard gasket profile, parts were cut to allow for fabric flaps at each end to provide an EMI seal on every contacting surface.
PSA was added, extending end to end which allowed for self retention of the gasket within the assembly. The solution was cost effective and met and exceeded all EMI shielding requirements.