Conductive Filled Silicone Form-In-Place Gasket RTV Compound
Customer Value Proposition:
KRA 6272 is a robotically dispensed EMI gasketing system consisting of a silver-copper filled moisture cure silicone. KRA 6272 offers low out-gassing, greater than 65 dB shielding and low-cost for simple to complex gasket bead geometries. KRA 6272 provides very low total cost of ownership for small cross section and complex pattern applications and can reduce gasket footprint by 60% as compared to traditional gasketing systems.
KRA 6272 is directly dispensed on EMI housings/shields and is ideal for almost any electronics packaging where outgassing is a concern. This system allows rapid prototyping, changes in design, and production scale-up at nominal cost from just a few to millions of parts.
Features and Benefits
- 65 dB or better shielding effectiveness
- Small gasket footprint and complex geometries with no tooling
- Gasketing on flanges as narrow as 0.040”
- Quick turn-arounds
- Often can be dispensed on uneven surfaces
- Tight Dimensional Control – gasket beads are dispensed with an accuracy of 0.001” and a cross-sectional height tolerance of 0.004” – 0.006”
- Space Installations
- EMI Shielding in Outgassing Sensitive Environments
KRA 6272 allows rapid prototyping, changes in design, and production scale-up at nominal cost from just a few to millions of parts.