Chomerics Therm-A-Gap GEL 30 & GEL 8010
Our team here at KRA Fabrication works with high-quality thermal interface materials from reputable suppliers, including Chomerics Therm-A-Gap GEL 30 and GEL 8010. We apply our years of expertise to select only the most reliable products for your project.
Why work with Therm-A-Gap GELs?
The Therm-A-Gap GEL 30 and 8010 thermally conductive gap fillers are made by Parker Chomerics and are fully cured and dispensable. This eliminates painstaking hand-assembly, cuts installation costs, and simplifies logistics.
Because these high-performance GELs require no mixing or curing, they can be used with a wide range of designs.
We have extensive experience working with Therm-A-Gap GEL 30 and Therm-A-Gap GEL 8010 in a variety of applications.
KRA Fabrication works with Chomerics Therm-A-Gap GELs because:
- They offer low thermal impedance, which means they can be used with common heat spreaders.
- They’ve proven to be reliable and long-lasting, even under extreme temperature fluctuations or when subjected to shocks and vibrations.
- They can operate in extreme temperatures. The operating temperature range for GEL 8010 is -67°F to 392°F (or -55°C to 200°C); the operating temperature range for GEL 30 is -67°F to 392°F (or -55°C to 200°C).
- They deflect easily with an ultra-low compression force. This decreases stress on components and helps prevent component failures.
Watch the Therm-A-Gap Gel30 in action
When are Therm-A-Gap GEL 30 and GEL 8010 used?
Therm-A-Gap GELs are used in a wide range of products in industries from automotive to electronics.
Common applications include:
- Automotive Electronic Control Units (ECUs)
- Power supplies and semiconductors
- Memory and power modules
- Microprocessors and graphics processors
- Flat panel displays and other consumer electronics
Therm-A-Gap GEL 30
Therm-A-Gap GEL 8010
KRA Fabrication believes that the best manufacturing processes involve the right materials and the right processes. We’d be happy to discuss your project and evaluate which materials would work best for your purposes.
Gel 30 Case Study:
Heat Dissipation for Hybrid Vehicle DC/DC Converter
The consumer demand for electric vehicles (EVs) and hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs) has skyrocketed over the past several years and can only be expected to continue to grow. As that demand increases, manufacturers must also consider the increased demand in 12V and 24V accessories which have traditionally been powered by an alternator. For EVs and HEVs, that alternator is replaced with a DC/DC converter such that energy is allowed to transfer between the power source and the on-board accessories.
It’s important when considering the design of the DC/DC converter that the structure allows for minimal electromagnetic interference and current/voltage ripple. It should be reliable, lightweight and highly efficient. Any heat that is generated from the converter must be able to dissipate through the structure of the converter without compromising functionality.
Key Customer Requirements
- Easy to dispense
- Lower deflection force
- Small assembly gap
- Good heat transfer from components to heat sink
- Verified performance of vertical gap slump application
- Good dielectric strength to avoid breakdowns
Parker Chomerics THERM-A-GAP® GEL 30 meets each of the requirements above, made with high volume dispensed thermal interface materials. These materials are the industry standard when cost, time and efficiency are of utmost importance.
The Chomerics Solution
The solution for this automotive component manufacturer gave the client a lower deflection force and highly-improved thermal performance. How? By dispensing the Parker Chomerics THERM-A-GAP® GEL 30 onto the heatsink.
A 300cc cartridge solution was implemented and will eventually convert to high volume manufacturing using a 1 gallon pump unit (1GPU) and valve dispensing system.
The end result led to optimized, highly-efficient functionality all in a solution that was easier to dispense. With an overall competitive total value to thermal pads or thermal grease, the Parker Chomerics THERM-A-GAP® GEL 30 is the industry leader in thermal gel for automotive manufacturing.