Nitto’s products boast a wide scope of applications, ranging from surface protection of stainless steel, aluminum, decorative metal plates and other metal products to housing products, curing materials used in the automotive industry as well as for applications in the optoelectronics sector.
Automotive and Optoelectronics Surface Protecting Film Tapes
Nitto offers a wide variety of surface protective materials to meet your needs and demands. To select the surface protective material most suitable for the application and environment in which it is going to be used, detailed information corresponding to a particular function is required.
Please contact KraFAB to review your specific application requirements.
Variables to consider include:
- Type of substrate: metal, plastic, glass
- Surface condition: roughness, activated, flat, embossed
- Film application conditions
- Application method: mechanical or manual application
- Processing conditions: mechanical processing, chemical processing, method and conditions
- Storage conditions: indoors or outdoors, storage period, heat/pressure
- Peel conditions: peel speed/angle, environment after peeling off the film, will the surface be given a coating such as vapor-deposition or other chemical treatment
Surface Protecting SPV Film Tapes
SPV-224PR-MJ Light Blue
SPV-224PR-MJ is a PVC base surface protective tape that complies with RoHS2 regulations. This product can be used outside due to their special pressure sensitive adhesive.
Special acrylic adhesive allows outdoor use with a PVC film carrier
Surface protection for stainless steel plates, aluminum plates and name plates during processing.
Storage of glass, aluminum
SPV-M-6020/M-6030 use water-based adhesives for surface protection of metal plates. These are environment friendly products as organic solvents are not used in the manufacturing of these tapes.
- Constructed with an acrylic pressure sensitive adhesive and a polyethylene film carrier.
Environment-friendly due to no organic solvents being used during the manufacturing stage
Easy peel, workability
Easy laminating at low temperature
Suitable for light processing.
PCSPV367K & SPV-P-366K
Developed using Nitto Denko’s multilayer film extrusion technology, they offer stable surface protection for cutting, punching, in-process transport and shipment for substrates such as acrylic plates, polycarbonate plates and LCD polarizing films.
- Ethylene/polyvinyl acetate pressure sensitive adhesive with a polyethylene film carrier.
- Unlike traditional adhesive coated tapes, this adhesive does not contaminate substrates due to the co-extrusion methods of thermoplastic materials
- Superior transparency enables visual inspection of the surface condition of the substrate without removing the tape
- Low adhesion makes SPV-P-367K & SPV-P-366K suitable for smooth surface
- Surface protection for plastic materials such as acrylic plates and polycarbonate plates
SPV-3648FK2 is a surface protective material with a polyolefin film carrier. It has excellent weatherability and keeps the color and gloss of the coating evenly. It is suitable for painted steel plates for building materials.
RB-100S E-MASK™ Series
The excellent qualities of these films have gained these products an outstanding reputation in leading-edge manufacturing facilities in the electronics and optical sectors. These products are used for many purposes, including for masking in the etching processes of electronics material manufacturing, and for protecting LCD components.
- E-MASK RB-S Series of surface protective materials developed for optical films such as LCD polarizing. This film prevents the production of static electricity. They offer stable adhesion and easy peeling.
Nitto FIBERGUARD™ 509H10P is a surface protection tape that protects metal surfaces during Fiber and CO₂ laser cutting processes, especially for high speed and performance laser cutting machines.
- This product consists of printed PE film, combined with natural rubber adhesive which is improved for Fiber and CO₂ laser cutting processes.
KraFab has been a stocking distributor of Nitto SPV surface protective film tapes, adhesives and sealants for many years. KraFAB can custom slit or cut these items to your project specifications. Please contact our team to discuss your adhesive and sealing requirements.
Get in touch with our experts to get help with understanding the surface protective film tapes for your project.